Junior Golf Offerings
The junior golf programs the El Macero PGA Professional Staff manages, supports and executes are designed to introduce children to the game; provide unique approaches to play the game; and deliver world class coaching and mentoring to juniors.
Any junior participating in a 2016 program will be required to go through a scheduled playing and learning ability assessment to ensure the coaching team properly places a student in the most beneficial programs.
5 Focus Area
- Fitness & Nutrition
- Golf Skills
- Sportsmanship, Etiquette & Rules
- Golf & Near-Golf Experiences
- Golf & Skills Challenges
Once a junior golfer has gone through the assessment process, personalized action plans are created to move a student through the three levels of the PGA Sports Academy:
- Develop an understanding of the sport of golf
- Learn fundamental movement and motor skills and link them together into the golf swing
- Use ball-striking games such as baseball and hockey to develop hand-eye coordination
- Establish essential safety and etiquette
- Develop fundamental golf movement skills and teach overall sports skills
- Learn scoring, the rules of golf and the process of playing a round of golf
- Establish target and alignment fundamentals and begin developing proper short-game skills
- Establish a knowledge base in the mental side of the sport
- Develop full sinw, short game and putting skills to a higher level
- Incorporate strength, stability and flexibility to improve performance and health
- Enhance performance by learning course management skills, STAT tracking, keeping a golf journal and advancing to national competitions
For Junior Offerings, please call the Golf Shop at 530-753-5621.
Download our parental Resouce Guide PDF for more information on Junior Golf at El Macero.
El Macero participated in the PGA Junior League for the first time in 2012, and we had a blast! This junior league offers a team-oriented approach that captures the interest of young golfers and allows the PGA Professional Staff at El Macero to work on all 5 of the key focus areas our entire junior golf program targets.
El Macero Country Club
44571 Clubhouse Drive
El Macero CA 95618
(530) 753 - 3363
Posted On 9/6/2016
We all experience doubts about our abilities and chances for success…but concentrate on how to make the shot successful by focusing on the target or path of the ball. Execution is important but not as important as strategy.
Posted On 6/28/2016
There are plenty of reasons to love golf in Northern California. With giant redwoods lining the fairways, the best Alister Mackenzie course...